Friday, July 15, 2011

Hello Anxiety

No matter what I do, I simply CANNOT get my brain to shut up and therefore I have become completely overwhelmed with everything that has to be done before I leave. I've tried making lists. I've tried organizing and planning everything out day by day. Nothing works. I just lay wide awake at night feeling like there is nothing I can do, and therefore I do nothing.

Here is a small sampling of the basic list that needs to be completed:
- Order new tires for truck + check tires on trailer
- Oil change on truck
- Close safe-deposit box
- Finish packing apartment
- Clean and pack trailer
- Clean apartment
- Get truck title from DMV
- Check on status of trailer title
- FIND A JOB
- Compile medical records
- Compile Reverdy and Maggie's records
- Pay hospital bill with money I don't have
- Help TJ with rent with money I don't have

Anybody have any other ideas to help shut my brain up and stop this ridiculous anxiety? It's gotten to the point now where I have to drug myself to sleep at night and my stomach is royally screwed up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. It seems daunting but if you do one or two things off the list you will feel very accomplished and on your way. I'm a procrastinator but lord in the end I feel fantastic when I get my to do list done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find a nice cup of sleepytime extra tea by celestial seasonsings helps me to relax when I'm wound up. It has herbs that help muscles relax, and sipping tea is relaxing, even in this weather.
    Also, though this may seem counter-intuitive, avoid TV and movies soon before bed. Something about them makes it hard for the brain to transition into good, restful sleep.

    -Emily S.

    ReplyDelete